After a successful homepage redesign completed four months earlier, OpenIDEO wanted to give users of human-centered design an opportunity to network with one another and attend world-changing events in a digital fashion.
- Working with the client's interaction designer to come up with a solution required a substantial amount of communication. I was able to articulate needs, assumptions, and outcomes well to deliver a great experience in the end.
- Through the use of innovative technologies—specifically, Laravel and Vue.js—I was able to craft a fantastic solution to meet the client's ambitious deadline.
- This project required integration with a single-sign-on solution to provide a consistent authentication experience across several platforms. We utilized Auth0 as the backend service, which offered the most for what could be afforded. As with any system, there were challenges to providing a successful implementation, like how to transition an existing user base to a new system, synchronize users between platforms, and identify where in the authentication "pipeline" certain functionality should occur.
- In March of 2017, we engaged the client again to provide a revamped user experience based on feedback gathered after the first iteration. We completed an entire front-end design rewrite, along with new functionality that allows normal members to host events of their own, within a three month timeframe.
- This project was a massive foray into notifications. Keeping all of these straight is an exercise in patience and diligence!
Source code is not currently available.
About 12 months
(2016 to 2017)